Sunday, December 13, 2009

More Christmas Fun



Nancy of LIFE IN THE SECOND HALF, has invited us to all have a little Christmas fun. She joined in the fun via the Good Cook's blog and so it goes... So if you would like to play along, please do. Here are the instructions:

If you're reading this post, then you must:

(a) leave a comment and answer the below 25 questions that Mandy made up,

(b) write the answers to the questions below in your own blog post, if you have a blog, that is.

or (c) call yourself a scrooge in the comment below and refuse to answer them.

I hope you choose (A) or (B) but if you choose (C) then I'll just let the ghosts of Christmas past, present and future deal with you. If you do decide to write your own blog post about it, please mention Mandy since she is the author of these important questions. (Writers credit and all that jazz - thanks!)


(1) What is your favorite Christmas movie?
The Bishop's Wife (with Carey Grant, Loretta Young and David Niven)

(2) What is your LEAST favorite Christmas movie?
The Santa Claus 2

(3) What is your favorite Christmas song?
The Kid by Clint Black

(4) What Christmas song(s) drives you crazy?
Blue Christmas by anybody!

(5) What is your favorite Christmas drink? (i.e. egg nog, hot chocolate)
Hot Apple Cider with Cranberry and Cinnamon.

(6) What is your favorite Christmas memory?
Christmas as a child with my mother.

(7) What is the best toy/gift you've received on Christmas?
See #6

(8) What is the worst toy/gift you've received on Christmas?
No such thing.

(9) What do you LOVE about the holidays?
Watching the kids, anybody's kids, meeting Santa in the malls.

(10) What annoys you about the holidays?
Hearing people say, “I want.....”.

(11) Do you prefer star or angel on top of a Christmas tree? Or something else?
Angel.

(12) What is your family favorite recipe at Christmas?
Beef Wellington for two!

(13) Are you a Grinch or a Who at Christmastime?
Duh!

(14) Christmas light displays - Love them or Hate them?
Love them! Well worth wasting gas to see.

(15) Santa's at the mall - Fun times or Creepy?
It all depends on how “into it” the person is getting. If he can engage the kids, all the better.

(16) Christmas cards - do you send them, yes or no?
Yes. Where I used to work, I would personally deliver them along with a Candy Cane.

(17) What is the best thing about Christmas, in your opinion?
Still seeing the magic in the eyes of some of the seniors. There is an uncanny glow about them when you talk to them about Christmas.

(18) What is the worst thing about Christmas?
Those who forget that it isn't all about Santa.

(19) When do you put the tree up and take it down?
Depends on how busy I am but it does come down the first week of the new year.

(20) Out of the 12 days of Christmas, which day and item would you want your true love to give to you?
First I need a 'True Love'.

(21) Why do you think that Grandma got run over by a reindeer?
Too much spiked Egg Nog!

(22) Who is your favorite reindeer?
Rudolph naturally. I didn't see any other reindeer with their name in lights.

(23) Do you believe in Santa Claus?
Duh!

(24) What is your favorite smell at Christmastime?
A simmering pot of Cinnamon and Cloves.

(25) What would make you happy at Christmas this year?
Just knowing that I have made somebody's day. Anybody really.

8 comments:

Lori said...

I love your answers to the questions...I seen this at Nancy's and enjoyed reading her answers as well. I am working at not being a scrooge...:)....but as much as I would like to play along, right now, I am too distracted...too much going on. I hope you have a great week my friend! XX Lori

Lori ann said...

Dear Bogey,

I am going to have to go with c or 3, the scrooge, but please don't call me a scrooge! isn't there a clause in there for mothers of 5, wife to one, grama to 2 (and i work full time). Oh dear i am full of excuses!
I have enjoyed your answers though, i love that Clint Black song too, sigh.
And dear friend, you undoubtdly make many peoples days with your kind heart and words, you have for me.

Renee said...

Love it Bogey.

I love the happiest times were with your mother.

By the way I liked your comment about seeking people out to help them, yes that is best, but at a minimum if they ask for help, peeople should help.

Love Renee xoxoo

Nancy said...

Well you made my day, Bogey! Thanks for playing along. #6 & #7 broke my heart. I lost my mom when I was only six. I know that pain. But you haven't lost the Christmas spirit - I can tell.

James said...

Hi Bogey. My eyes are getting crossed by your answers for some reason. Kind of a 3-D type of thing. I did see the first answer and it reminds me that I want to see The Bishop's Wife, I've never seen it before.

It snowed in Munich for a couple of days the day after we went home.

It's been below freezing here but no snow yet. Bring it on. :)

Ice said...

Bogey, I am going for "D". I'm here to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Very Happy Year 2010!

PS: 25 questions are too long. Hahaha! Hope you don't mind :o)

Renee said...

Your answer to 25 is perfect Bogey.

xoxo

Bogey said...

Lori, I am hoping that by weeks end, any thoughts of being a Scrooge will forever be cast aside. Here is hoping to see a smile of joy by weeks end.

Lori Ann, as I have said, there is a built-in claus and that is the Santa Claus. We are all capable of making each others days. All we have to do is to think before we speak.

Sorry about that James. I was looking for something that would be a little more festive. I am so looking forward to more pictures of your trip. I have no doubt that they will be spectacular.

Renee, your visitation here humbles me on a regular basis. Your strength and courage should be a beacon to all of us. I can understand more now than ever, how and why people look up to your guidance.

Nancy, I think I will die with the Christmas Spirit in my heart and on my lips. I am so sorry for the loss of your Mother at such a young age, for both of you. Perhaps it has made you a more protective and nurturing mother.

Not at all Ai Shiang. I am just very happy that you took time to stop by here. I will come and see you soon too!

Renee, perfection is in the eye of the beholder. N'est ce pas! Thanks for smiling on me today and Bless You!