Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Britain's Talented.....Susan Boyle!

Every morning when I get ready for work, I have my TV on to a local breakfast television show called BT. This morning as I was pouring my coffee, I was listening as one of the announcers was describing something he saw on one of those talent hunt shows. This show was called 'Britain's Got Talent'. I have to admit, the only time I ever watched those shows was a few years back when INXS was looking for a new front man. Okay, okay and maybe the Celebrity Dance shows. There!

Anyways, I vaguely caught the announcers comment about not judging a book by it's cover. They then proceeded to play a tiny clip of the woman as she began to sing. At the time, I didn't have a clue what it was she was singing. The clip was short but there was no mistaking that there was indeed a voice that was worth listening to. But tonight when I got home, I typed her name into the computer to see what the fuss was all about. You Tube had clips of various lengths so I picked the longest clip they had. The song she chose to sing was 'I Dreamed a Dream' from 'les miserables'. If I was able to embed the clip here I would. As it is, I know I don't have the words in me to describe what I heard but if you haven't heard this lady sing, I implore you, go to You Tube. Type in the name Susan Boyle, pick a video clip and give it a listen. You won't be disappointed.

Oh, and grab a couple of Kleenex. Unless your soul is frozen solid, you will need them. It's the first time I have ever seen Simon what's his face stunned stupid.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't she just marvellous?
What a voice. I do hope we hear more from her.

Bogey said...

Hey Rob...definitely worth more than 15 minutes of fame in my book. The instantaneous change in peoples attitudes was just as amazing. I hope Susan Boyle's dreams come true for her. Very deserving.

Amel said...

Yeah, I LOVE the look on Simon's face...comparing it to the first time Susan opened up her mouth on stage and after she started singing OH HO HO HO HO HO...

Michelle said...

Isn't she amazing? I actually missed that episode (It's on Saturday evenings here) and only discovered what we'd missed through a friend sending me the YouTube link.

What a wonderful voice. I love Britain's got Talent, because it gives ordinary people a chance at that "lucky break".

Bogey said...

Hi Michelle,

It was a great segment. When I got home, I played it over and over a couple of times. It made my eyes all leaky and stuff. Can you imagine the people in her Church got to hear that voice week after week. I would imagine the number of 'ordinary' people with such hidden talents is immeasurable.