Thursday, April 23, 2009

Me and My Meme

1. What is your current obsession?
Searching for my Serenity.

2. Which item of clothing do you wear often?
Jeans and a Hoodie (and of course....you know!)

3. What's for dinner?
Beef Stir Fry with peppers, mushrooms, celery, pea pods and green onions in a Cracked Pepper Sauce on a bed of steamed rice.

4. What are you listening to?
Diana Krall's Quiet Nights

5. Say something to the one that tagged you.
Hi Natalie! (Musings From the Deep)
It has been an extreme pleasure meeting somebody who has a genuine joie de vivre. You seem to have found that perfect balance that so many people spend a lifetime trying to achieve. I get the feeling there isn't a phony bone in your body. And a great big THANK YOU for visiting and showing the appreciation you have been. It is truly appreciated. The next bunch of Roses is on me.

6. Favorite vacation spot?
Anywhere I can watch the sun set on the water. There is nothing quite like it.

7. What I'm reading right now?
A fellow Blogger, Michelle Frost's first book, 'First Light'. Citizen of The World (The Life of Pierre Elliott Trudeau) by John English.

8. Four words to describe myself.
Big hearted, generous, impatient, intelligent.

9. Guilty pleasure.
Spoiling by friends children, (I'm the adopted Uncle G' Bear). I get to go home at the end. Especially when there is chocolate involved!

10. What do you think you will feel about your life when all is said and done?

I could lie and say everything was hunkey dorey, but I won't. Sad is how I would describe how I will feel. Too many early events of my life caused me to mistrust and question people's motives. I've been right more times than I care to mention. The two things I wanted the most in my life was, one, to be married (I would have worked at the happily ever after part). And two, having children. I've become a good Uncle..........but it's not the same. I guess what I can hope for is that the friendships that I did create will leave some pleasant memories for those who remain behind.'Nuff said.....

11. What do you look forward to?
I look forward to the day my friends son, Daniel (my adopted nephew) will no longer have to worry about his heart. (I will write about that soon). And I look forward to the day their daughter, Hannah (my adopted niece), walks down the aisle. It's a long way to go, I know.......I just want to be there.

Now, as for tagging others, I leave that to anybody who stops by and doesn't mind answering a few thought provoking questions. Go ahead........we won't judge you..........

5 comments:

NikonSniper said...

Bogey,
Thanks for hitting NikonSniper blog.
I started to read about and thought ... wow, this is very interesting.
I am 50 and chasing serenity via photography. Maybe it's the age ... combined with the economy.
Jeans, Cracked Pepper Sauce, Diana Krall ... yes, yes, yes.
Big hearted, generous, impatient, ... (intelligent ... well, 3 outta 4 is ok).
Lived in Oakville, Ontario from age 15-26. Went to Ryerson in Toronto back when it was just a Polytechnical Institute for Mechanical Engineering as well as Waterloo. Anyway your photo reminded me of Bronte Harbor.
Thanks for your kind words.
NikonSniper Steve

Winifred said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. What I'm trying to do is to stop procrastinating, but have to say it's hard. Never mind retirement is a new beginning so I'm keeping at it.

Interesting and very honest information you've given about yourself. I can relate to what you said about your friend Daniel's son. Have to say I've never stopped worrying about my son's heart but after his big operation when he was ten it's got easier. He's nearly forty now!
The heart surgeons and physicians are absolutely fantastic and a few prayers don't go amiss either. So best wishes to Daniel's son for the future and a lifetime of good health.

Bogey said...

Nikon Sniper,

Thanks for stopping by as well. I used to think of age as only a number until I started getting closer to 50. Now it's a milestone. The picture above is from Lunenburg, Nova Scotia. I'm standing in front of the Schooner, Blue Nose II. I had to crop most of it away. I should post more pics of that.

Hello again Winnifred,

Ah procrastination! Been there, somtimes I'm still there. A toughy. Daniel is the little boy. He has become a little inspiration. When I get too busy waddling in my own brain, what he has been thru so far reminds me to be humble and grateful. Lately, I've needed second helpings.

Michelle said...

Interesting list of questions . Not the usual meme things, which sometimes tend to be rather repetitive.

I blinked a few times when I reached #7. it still feels weird seeing anyone say they're reading my book. LOL

I sympathise with #10. I was lucky to finally find someone I wanted to marry (who felt the same) at 39, but by then my chances of kids was already pretty much nil, due to health issues.

I will say three of the most important people in my life were my two great uncles and an "adopted uncle". Maybe not the same as a dad, but I can vouch for the fact that my life was made richer and better by all three, as I'm sure your adopted nephew and niece's lives are.

PS...#3 sounds delicious.

Bogey said...

Hello again Michelle,

I left the questions exactly the way they were originally. I wanted to think about these the way they were in the moment.

Kind of makes you feel a little proud then doesn't it. And makes it all worthwhile.

Yes #10 was a little bit of a stinger but you can't hide from reality. I would rather feel the pain knowing I'm alive than bury it as though I were dead. If you want children, maybe you should think about adoption. Just think of the talent you can pass on.

I try to be a good Uncle even though they have tons of family. It's a win win situation. Although this past Christmas was a bit of a downer just because my heart wasn't in it. Oh well!

And yup.......#3 was delicious. It takes me only about 1/2 an hour start to finish.

Good to see you back and I hope you are feeling 100% soon. Or at least close to it.